Electronic Video Game Machines

Industry Trends

Terminal gaming began in Illinois in 2012 and has since grown to a combined 6,700 bars, restaurants and cafés featuring more than 32,500 video gaming machines.

Machines in each location make an average of $18,000-$19,000 in monthly revenue – or $215,000-$230,000 on an annual basis. The state collects a 30 percent tax, and the remaining 70 percent is split equally between the location (you) and the terminal operator (GEM).

With GEM as a partner, you will be assisted through the entire process – from ideation to operation. We will help with the application and licensing, site preparation and inspection, install and go-live, marketing plans, service to you and guests, and business development to grow existing and new locations. We also take care of fund collections and payments.